Fantastic Stories of the Imagination, edited by Hugo and World Fantasy Award nominated editor Warren Lapine.
– Heartless by Krystal Claxton — A woman of power ministers to a broken heart, risking her own in the process.
– Underworld by Katherine Mankiller — A teen grapples with dark forces to save the only family he’s ever known.
– Backlash by Nancy Fulda — Eugene Gutierrez has flashbacks from the war, but the real danger is what he doesn’t remember.
– Corner Sofa by Sarena Ulibarri — Sometimes it takes stepping into someone else’s story to more clearly see your own.
– The Miracle on Tau Prime by Alex Shvartsman — Can an alien be touched by God?
– Reviews: The Fan: Empathy, Mutual Wavelengths, Wounded Boys, & Points of View by Carole McDonnell— Carole reviews The Babadook directed by Jennifer Kent, Dark Skies written and directed by Scott Stewart, In Your Eyes written by Joss Whedon, directed by Brin Hill; Frequencies written and directed by Darren Paul Fisher, and Tokyo Girl directed by Kazuyo Konaka.
– Reviews: The Magic Lantern: Exodus, Birdman by Adam-Troy Castro —Adam considers the controversies around Exodus directed by Ridley Scott and Birdman directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu.
– Reviews: Area 51 1/2 by Steven Sawicki — Our Alien reviews Thorn Jack, by Katherine Harbour, Pacific Fire, by Greg van Eekhout, Metrophage, by Richard Kadrey, The Witch With No Name, by Kim Harrison, The Wurms of Blearmouth, by Steven Erikson, and Tusk directed by Kevin Smith.
– Reviews: New & Noteworthy Short Genre Fiction by Gillian Daniels —Gillian reviews “Never Eat Crow” by Goldie Goldbloom, “No Vera There” by Dominica Phetteplace, “Exit, Pursued by a Bear” by Greer Gilman, “Kenneth: A User’s Manual” by Sam Miller, and “I Can See Right Through You” by Kelly Link.
Format is digital ePub, 86 pages. This title is available for immediate download.